Wednesday, May 27, 2009

FEELING BETTER

Many of us go through days of feeling very tired. I just experienced that last week. It started with tonsilitis, down by flu, feeling weak and bloated. Then i felt a pain in my upper right abdomen. I was rushed to the ER of Makati Medical Center last wednesday night (may 20) because of the severe pain and on and off fever. I undergo lab tests such as complete blood count (for suspected dengue) and urinalysis. It was all negative. I just had a mild UTI (Urinary tract infection). The doctor gave me antibiotic, pain reliever for my abdomen and a request for full upper abdomen ultrasound.

I had my ultrasound last friday (May 22). My gallbladder, pancreas, biliary tree, spleen & kidneys are all normal. A 1.2 cm cyst is seen in the left hepatic lobe of my liver. The doctor (gastroenterologist) said i have nothing to worry. It is just a small, very small usual cyst that has water inside. No need for medicine or treatment. They only treat 10cm cyst and bigger. I'm just so happy and thankful that i am still healthy. Then, while taking the prescribed antibiotic, i experienced numbness and pain all over my arms and hands. We found out that the antibiotic has adverse reaction of tendonitis (inflammation or irritation in the tendons). So i had to stop and consult again the doctor. Hay....its been a listless week for me. But now........getting better, feeling better. I should, because it's my daughter's ballet recital tomorrow at Tanghalang Pasigueno. I have to be there to watch and support her.

It's a good feeling to know that people care about you. Thank you for all the prayers, text messages and support. Thanks to my family, relatives and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment